Senior Transport Planner
Our client is the largest provider of hazardous waste collection services throughout the to the UK. Offering a wide selection of services to customers located throughout the UK, employing over 100 employees and have ambitious plans for expansion and continued growth.
As part of their continued plans they the are now looking to recruit a Senior Transport Planner to aid and assist with the smooth operation side of their busy logistics department.
(1) Task, and within delegated authority, lead allocated staff and support in their duties.
(2) Ensure that all staff operates to their terms and conditions of employment and adhere to company working procedures, policy and instructions in relation to Logistic operations.
(3) Monitor and evaluate staff attendance, performance and behaviours.
(4) Support team activities, drive task priorities, scheduling and tracking work assignments, providing guidance, and ensure the availability of resources meets the availability of vehicles.
(5) Collaborate with other departments as necessary to deliver effective customer requirements, or, in the case of shortages, to minimise negative impacts on the business and planning efficiencies.
(6) Coordinating the planning Work Activities – Producing and reviewing routes for existing customers and new.
(7) Support, manage and consistently review the formulation of routing and planning advising on Logistic commitments and business demand.
(8) Provide technical advice, support and direction to the Logistic operation, promoting best practice, management systems and procedures. Take initiative in management improvement for the staff and Logistic operation.
(1) Ensure vehicles are fully utilised and that minimum vehicles are left standing out of use without robust justification.
(2) Comply and develop the company system and O’licence obligations for the reporting and processing of vehicle and equipment administration, arrivals, disposals including faults and breakdown.
(3) Confidently operate Logistic systems and drive efficiencies and measures that can be adopted to contribute to smarter working.
(4) Redesign the movement of goods to maximize value and minimize costs, introducing routes where required.
(1) Use proficiently word, excel and company IT systems.
(2) Maintain, review and promote active company policy.
(3) Maintain transport operating data and KPIs as required by Logistic and Hazardous Waste Manager.
(4) Maintain vehicle, personnel and equipment records as and when required.
(5) Manage complete first line management administration with drivers.
(6) Ensure routine administration/documentation is completed.
(1) Operate within delegated authority.
(2) Comply with and develop, innovate Logistic Manager’s directives, policies and procedures.
(3) Is required to deputise for Logistic functions when required.
(4) Conduct special reviews and/or follow up on audit observations to assist in the improvement of the office procedure and practices related to the Logistic output.
(5) Manage and Control department expenditure
(6) Control working hours and driving hours optimising duty time.
This is a straight permanent position that has been newly formed by the Client
The role will be regular days with core hours of 8.00am-5.30pm but due to the nature of the role flexibility will be required.
Knowledge of ADR transport would be an advantage