Our chesterfield based client are a global concern within the supply of various chemical products throughout the world.
Job role and purpose
As a QHSE Coordinator, you will be responsible for the care of existing Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental policy and procedures.
Your role will include supporting and working with the Group QHSE Manager to inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment and practices in order to ensure compliance with HSE standards and legislation / government regulations by using a ‘best practice’ approach.
You will maintain close contact with existing customers / suppliers creating a valued working relationship. This is a fully operational hands on role that will see you manage Health Safety Environmental and Quality
The candidate that we are looking for is organized and customer orientated and should have an entrepreneurial and “can do” approach to business with good communication and presentation skills.
The role requires exceptional interpersonal qualities. You should be able to relate to customers and colleagues at all levels.
You will report to the QHSE Manager.
Experience and Qualifications
• Assist with Accidents / Incident reporting, perform post-incident investigations and determine how such incidents might be prevented in future
• Assist to ensure PPE needs are identified and records of re / issue are in place
• 5 year experience of Supervisory or Managerial role
• Experience in the Chemical Industry essential
• Understanding of CoMAH Regulations 2015
• IOSH Membership / NEBOSH National General Certificate desirable or willingness to study toward the qualification
• Experience of ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001
• Knowledge of development and maintenance of COMAH safety reports or offshore safety cases
• Skilled in the integration of occupational, behavioral and process safety management into operations
• Manage the site’s path to COMAH compliance.
• Dealing with the regulatory authorities and developing successful working relationships
• Relevant QHSE experience in a business-to-business environment
• Experience of chemical distribution
Competencies required for role
- Action Orientated
- Technical Learning
- Customer Focus
- Results Driven
- Time management
- Integrity and trust
- Process Management
- Policitcal Savvy
- Ethic and Values
This is a permanent role providing excellent opportunities and benefits working for a globally recognised organisation