The successful candidate will have strong background knowledge of maintaining and repairing a wide range of manufacturing machinery.
- Investigate and establish causes of all breakdowns, action any necessary repairs and ensure all measures are taken and recorded.
- Work with the maintenance engineering team to analyse downtime and develop solutions to improve production.
- Test machinery, plant and installations, guards and safety devices.
- Refurbish machinery, plant and installations
- Co-ordinate and supervise sub-contractors for maintenance work as required.
- Maintain site security and perform ‘start-up’ and ‘shut-down’ of manufacturing facility, unlocking/locking fire doors, start-up of compressors and generators etc.
- Continuous improvement projects, including further development and implementation of 6S activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Maintenance Engineer with time served accredited apprenticeship/equivalent experience and certification in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Maintenance fitting, hydraulics, turning, milling and tooling.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to work as part of a team, prioritise and work under pressure.
- Strong Health & Safety knowledge.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Application e.g. MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- An exciting and fulfilling long term opportunities within our business structure.
- Excellent team –orientated environment geared towards the sharing of knowledge to further improve processes and growth of the company.
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits.
- Pension Scheme and Death in Service benefit.
Hours are Monday -Thursday 07.15-16.00 Friday 07.15-12.00
Overtime is paid at time and a half after 37.75 hours.
This is a straight permanent position.
|Salary||£25k-£28k + Overtime|