We have vacancies for a Legal Aid Caseworker (OISC/IAAS Qualified) or an Asylum Caseworker (IAAS with advocacy experience).
**Candidates without a law degree and experience of immigration law will not be considered**
We are seeking applications from suitably qualified and motivated applicants for this exciting position. Our Client employ a team of immigration specialists who boasts a consistent track record of successfully assisting corporate clients.
As an Immigration Caseworker working for our reputable firm client, you will work alongside a team of immigration specialists, handling different caseloads up to OISC competence.
Overall Purpose of the Job
- Undertake casework and manage a specific caseload up to level of competence/accreditation in relation to Asylum and Detention matters.
- To be aware of legal aid funding restrictions and experience of making extension applications under legal aid.
- To provide written and verbal representation, including advocacy in court, for clients seeking assistance in the Immigration/Asylum law field in accordance with Legal Aid Specialist Quality Mark Standards and legal policy.
- Preparation and management of applications to Home Office.
- To advise clients regarding procedure and practice.
- To be responsible for providing advice and assistance to those persons with asylum issues and those detained at the various Detention Centres in the UK. Attend clients detained in various Immigration Detention Centres.
- Represent clients before immigration judges, in person or in writing as required, including preparation of cases.
- Draft witness statements, skeleton arguments, representations and other complex documents and letters using word-processor.
- Preparation and management of applications to the Home Office.
- Ensure all contact with the client and any other action taken in respect of cases is recorded on attendance notes and regularly updated on the database.
- Liaise with Immigration Authorities, other agencies, and groups as required.
- Interview and advise clients regarding Immigration/Asylum law, procedure, and practice. Provide guidance to clients on completion of documents.
- Meet specified casework and other targets as set by Supervisor.
- Supervise support staff when they provide direct administrative and secretarial support.
- Undertake outreach work as required by Management, including liaising with ethnic communities, delivering talks and presentations to groups, and visiting other groups and centres as appropriate. Work from various locations as reasonably required by management.
- Keep up-to-date at all time with changes in Immigration/Asylum law by reading, attending training events and using computer for reference purposes.
- Deliver training sessions in connection with own field of work to the clients staff and other agencies if required.
- Complete any other records in connection with casework in order to meet Legal Aid and the clients requirements maintain statistics and update client files, using manual or computerised systems as appropriate and as required by Management.
- Deputise for Supervisor as required in their absence.
- Maintain professional conduct, comply with the client standards and uphold the integrity and reputation of our client at all times.
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required by the Management.
LLB or Law related degree/diploma in law.
An understanding and sensitivity to other cultures and issues raised by Immigration/Asylum matters.
An understanding of the duty to the court and client.
Fully Accredited to Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme Level 2 and Registered at OISC level 3.
Knowledge of Legal Aid restrictions and experience of making extension applications.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year
|Salary||£20,000 - £30,000|