DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
– To ensure that debts are paid on their due date and where not, take steps to ensure payment is made with the minimum of delay.
– Review aged debtors for non-payers.
– Sending of letters ranging for polite requests to threatening legal action.
– Liaison with external bodies to take further recovery action when internal action has failed (eg debt recovery agents and solicitors)
– Liaise with membership staff and customers to resolve both intercompany and external queries, and Sales Credit Controller for any cross over with sales debts owing e.g. events, export docs etc
– Posting and allocating daily receipts to the accounting system (providing cover for)
– Sending out monthly statements.
– Preparing and processing the weekly banking as required.
– General support within the Finance office as required.
– Relevant and demonstrable experience of managing an aged debt
– Proven track record of successful debt recovery
– Minimum 5 GCSE’s at A-C (or equivalent) including English and Mathematics.
– Associated debt recovery qualification
– Equivalent by experience
Skills and abilities
– Excellent organisational and administration skills
– Strong communication/interpersonal skill (written & oral)
– Strong drive for results
– Highly motivated – can work as part of a team and independently
– Ability to prioritise and manage workload for best results
– High level of skill in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel
– Working to high level of confidentiality
– Able to negotiate and influence
– Takes responsibility
– Celebrates and is proud of success
– Supports others and works well with a team
– Must be dependable and reliable
– Must be able to work under own initiative
– Full clean driving licence
– Flexible approach to work
Starting Salary for this role is £18,000-£20,000 per annum.