Main purpose of job1. Manage and develop the Aftermarket Service teams to achieve service budgets and margins to support the business objectives.
2. Develop Aftermarket Service Sales whilst building relationships with new and existing users of Turbo and Roots products.
3. Drive LTSA and Framework contracts to support the Aftermarket business strategy.
- Manage the Aftermarket team to effectively provide after-sales support to users of Turbo and Roots
- Evaluation of Customer Technical and Commercial requirements to prepare and generate quotations and advise on technical support.
- Cost compilation and application of appropriate factors in calculating selling prices
- Liaise with Financial and spares departments as necessary to achieve correct and timely contract execution
- Liaise with the New Build team and customers to schedule commissioning scope, timescales and schedules
- Liaise with the sales team to drive Long Term Service Agreements, Frameworks agreements and Turnkey projects. Provide technical expertise to allow accurate proposals.
- Evaluation and acknowledge for receipt of Customer Purchase Orders
- Provide technical assistance to clients and users as required.
- Support the review of sales /revenue
- Consider warranty claims and decide upon validity
- Support weekly update of booking forecast and monthly review in conjunction with AFM Lead.
- Ensure adherence to company environment, health and safety standards in compliance with compliance with company policies to ensure a safe working environment and minimisation of environmental impact.
Essential Skills, Knowledge & behaviours
- Recognised apprenticeship / qualifications in an engineering discipline.
- Previous experience of a service environment, preferably management.
- Previous experience of managing LTSA’s and Framework Agreements, including their proposal.
- In depth knowledge of blowers, compressors and their operating systems.
- People management skills
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility to meet daily challenges of dynamic aftermarket business.
- HNC/HND (or degree or proven experience) in an appropriate discipline.
- Experience of Turnkey projects and Site Management experience.
- Experience of Steam Turbines and / or Heavy Fan experience.
- Dealing with demanding customers and meeting their expectations
- Employ necessary means to meet customers’ requirements and expectations.
- Negotiate and agree outcomes with end user as part of aftermarket process
- Prioritise deliverables based on varying requirements of end user